Fire incidents can have a devastating impact. According to the International Association of Fire and Rescue Services statistics, countries like India, United States, Bangladesh, Russia, Philippines are the greatest sufferers of fire accidents.
To ensure the economic and organizational requirements, people must be aware of the steps during a fire incident. It helps users to keep calm and react wisely during an incident. An effective and virtually accessible fire training is a must for coping up with the increasing cases of fire accidents.
The motive of the fire safety training in real-world scenarios fails for many reasons. A dummy training can never replicate the seriousness of a real-time occurrence. Being unaware of the real-time scenario, people easily panic during a real fire accident. The dummy training is unable to deliver real value and learning to the trainee. Manual fire safety training is quite expensive to execute. It requires a mentionable amount of work hours, resources and people. Allowing to use fire safety tools individually is impossible. Individual expertise can not be assured during manual training. People usually don’t use safety exits unless it’s a time of danger. Keeping the safety exits in mind is tough for everyone. Proper visualization and muscle memory are required to perform safety measures during any hazardous incident. A written guide is not as effective as visualizing the real-world scenario. A virtually accessible learning method is always a need for any sort of training.
- We provide a virtual fire safety training system that is more cost-efficient and effective than the traditional manual method. This project aims to train the appropriate steps to be followed during a fire accident with the help of virtual reality.
- The user is required to wear a VR headset to experience the training. Users will find themselves in a virtual world with various fire hazards. Our system guides the trainee to find the way out of the place safely.
- During the virtual tour, trainees will have multiple options to perform. If the trainee chooses the right step, it will allow him to move on to the next step. In case of choosing a wrong step, the trainee will be alerted about the correct step.
- Trainees will be aware of the placement of fire safety devices in their offices and buildings. Using this application will help them to learn where fire extinguishers are located in their workplace. They will be aware of the correct method of using safety tools during an incident. It will give them a proper hands-on guide to use a fire extinguisher as well.
- Accurate 3D modelling in the application helps users to relate the virtual world to the real one. Trainees will be trained to use the emergency exits properly.
Virtual fire safety training creates simulated emergencies without putting trainees in any real danger. It tests their abilities in a realistic situation without incurring any risk. VR training is more likely to stay in trainees’ muscle memories for a long time. Direct hands-on experience helps them to get a better idea of the process.
Fire safety training is no longer a specific time and location-based method. With the help of a simple VR headset, trainees can experience training from any location.
People prefer a visual environment instead of simply reading a manual. VR training offers visually realistic scenarios which are more engaging than traditional learning methods.
Virtual fire safety training is more cost-efficient than the traditional system. It helps to reduce fuel costs, safety tools and other expenses. Trainees can have a personalized experience of using safety tools without any cost. In short, this application has taken fire safety training beyond the handwritten manuals and manual training.